Friday, September 18, 2009

Concussions and Other Injuries

I took the little D3 over to a friend's house today and was pushing some trees down in his pasture when a limb reached inside the operator's compartment and "whacked" me. I was bleeding like a "stuck hog" (sorry, thats an old Oklahoma phrase) and I asked the friend who was standing there if I needed an ambulance. He replied that, no, I didn't need an ambulance, but I did need some stitches.

I got Louise to take me to the minor emergency place in Sand Springs and the doctor (who went to school with my daughter) took a look at it. He said that no, I did not need stitches, since there was some material missing from my forehead which would have made it easier to stitch up had it been there. I learned two important lessons from this:

1) Don't get whacked in the head.
2) I'm getting older when I find that the doctor went to school with my daughter.

Since my camera broke on the cruise, I won't be able to post pictures of my wound. Oh, well, it's probably just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment