Friday, December 4, 2009

Running a Net

In my work, I have always had to do a great deal of public speaking. Like most other people, I would always get apprehensive before a presentation, but I got to where I could almost enjoy it.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran the two meter net for the Tulsa Amateur Radio Club for the first time and it was just like public speaking. I had some jitters but, as soon as I got started, I really enjoyed it. In fact, I was pretty proud of myself after it was over.

Well, last night was a totally different story! I still had the jitters but things only went downhill from there. The repeater I was supposed to be on didn't work and I didn't have the presence of mind to switch over to the UHF link which was also supposed to be involved. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't figure out what to do about it.

At any rate, after the equipment problem, I never could seem to regain my composure. The only good thing is that the club is not going to cut my pay! Being the eternal optimist, I'm sure I'm gonna do better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment