Saturday, March 22, 2014

Close Relatives

One of the things that is always in the back of your mind if you do genealogy is that you may find a close relative that you didn't know you had.  I've wondered if I had a half brother or sister I didn't know about, or a first or second cousin.

That thought is at least a small part of the reason I decided to have the DNA test done, along with the DNA from my wife, Louise, and brother, Milt.

Well, yesterday it happened.  I got an email from a second cousin who I had no idea even existed.  Her grandfather and my grandmother were brother and sister.  I am extremely excited to find out more about these people.  Milt, my brother, is too since he was closer to Grandmother Alexander than the rest of us.

This picture shows my grandmother and me many years ago, probably about 1957 or 1958.  She died in 1967 so my memories of her are distant.  I can't wait to find out more about her brother's grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment