Friday, October 30, 2009

Tepees

Louise and I spent the biggest part of yesterday at the Tulsa Convention Center helping set up the stage for the General Grand Chapter meeting of the Eastern Star. At last count, there were 4116 people signed up to attend from across the United States - most of them women (no editorial comment meant here).

I helped erect a 22' tepee, two smaller tepees, and move a 6' aluminum buffalo. I must say that I have never done any of these things before. The good news is that I don't have to sit through the entire weekend attending this soirée. We have two days of primitive arms season left and I intend to spend both of them in the woods.

I did dig out my "Benjamin Franklin" costume tonight in case we decide to go out tomorrow night for Halloween. I hate to brag but I make a pretty good Benjamin Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment