Sunday, November 1, 2009

Primitive Arms Season Ends

Well, today is the last day of the season and I am "naught for naught". I think Jethro on "The Beverly Hillbillies" used to use that phrase. We did have a good time, however, and I'm looking forward to regular gun season.

My goal this coming week is to get my new tower in the air. I've procrastinated too long and now is the time. I already have a battle plan and will start on it tomorrow. I'll post some pictures as I go.

I opened the barn door today to let the Guinea chicks out if they so chose. They opted not to venture out but I expect that will change in a couple of days. I have 23 of them but I think I will probably lose at least three. One is a runt, although it acts OK, another has a broken or paralyzed leg, and yet another appears to have some sort of illness. Hopefully, they will all make it but the odds are long.

I did work both Spain and the Dominican Republic today on PSK-31. I had good copies on both of them. It's always exciting to work a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment