Sunday, January 15, 2012

Radio Withdrawal

We have been in South Texas for about two weeks now and I'm really having radio withdrawal problems! Perhaps I should say that I'm having OMISS withdrawal problems, since that is really what I miss.

I have the Buddipole up on the motorhome but it really is only good for 20 meters and up. 40, 80, and 160 are very difficult to work on it and these are the bands which have the evening OMISS nets. The 20 meter net, which I can work pretty good with the Buddipole, is at 1830z, 12:30 p.m. here but it seems like we are always doing something during the day.

I'm already looking forward to seeing Dan and Dorinda in March - we are gonna meet them in Mobile for a long weekend. Then hopefully, we can meet Rachel and Mike and the grandkids on the way home somewhere. Grandma could get her grandkids fix that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment