Friday, March 16, 2018

Winter's End

Winter is about to yield to Spring and Louise and I are planning our return to Oklahoma.  For the past several years (we think about eleven) we have spent the winter in the Rio Grande Valley trying to escape bad weather.

As far as weather goes, this winter was not great but tolerable.  We did have a couple of days which saw low temperatures in the high 20's.  And, in the past few days, we've had a couple which exceeded 90 degrees.  The weather was not as good as last winter but much better than in Oklahoma.

I seem to do my best genealogy down here.  In early February, I wrote about a breakthrough in my work, finding the background on my great grandfather, Harry Nash.  While there is still a lot of work to do, I now know what direction to head in.

Louise and the dogs had a good winter as well.  She, like I, is getting somewhat homesick, however, and we are anxious to get back to Mannford.  We will travel to Georgetown, Texas, for a couple of days; Louise wants to go to the IKEA store there.  By the way, a bad joke I've heard is that IKEA is Swedish for particleboard.

When we leave Georgetown, we will go to Sanger, Texas, and spend the evening with our good friends Don and Lynn, then head home.

I don't know how full-time RVer's do it;  I'm ready to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment