Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blogs vs. Facebook

I have dabbled around a little bit in Facebook but never really got into it. I've decided that blogs like this one are a lot better, at least for me, than social websites for the reason that this mode of communication doesn't carry much social pressure with it.

In Facebook, I'm always being asked to join this or play that or be this person's friend, most of which I have absolutely no interest in, probably because of my narcissistic tendencies. Or maybe I'm just a really unsociable person.

My son, Dan, and his wife, Dorinda, closed on their house in Atlanta yesterday and I'm very happy for them. They've lived in a basement flat for the past year and this will give them more room and give Dan a garage to play in. The bad news is that this means they will be in Atlanta longer than Louise and I wanted them to be. I think, however, that they really do enjoy living there.

My plans for the day include building a rebar cage for the hole I dug yesterday. By the way, the hole wound up being 4 ft. by 4 ft. by 6 ft. deep. According to my "expert" calculations, that's about 3.5 cubic yards of concrete. I'll post a picture showing it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment