Sunday, November 15, 2009

Funerals and Nets

Louise and I went to a funeral today in Siloam Springs. Her sister's oldest daughter, Arlene, died last week at the tender age of 56. It's interesting that, although it is a very somber occasion, you still get to catch up on what all the relatives are doing.

I'm becoming very apprehensive about the TARC net Thursday night. I have agreed to run the net and I do not have a clue! It will probably last about 15 minutes and then I'll be done forever. You know, I've been through two tornadoes and a hurricane and I'm still nervous about this. Do we thrive on adrenaline or what? Why do we volunteer to do these things? Oh, well (as Stan would say) life goes on.

My biggest goal this week is to get the fifth wheel "radio ready" to go to South Texas. I've got to get both antennas mounted, hooked up and the screwdriver antenna power hooked up. Also, I'm gonna go to Tom's (KE5NCP) house and see his antenna setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment