Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tower Christmas Tree

Well, this week I got the bright idea to decorate the new tower in the form of a Christmas tree. I made a star out of 1/2" pvc pipe and put lights around it. Then Louise and I mounted it about 35' in the air and ran a pair of light strings down from it to the ground at an angle.

When it got dark, we took a look at it and it doesn't look too bad. We will, however, turn it off and wait until the day after Thanksgiving to light it again. I may try to take a time exposure picture and post it later.

Also, tonight is my debut as a net control on one of the local 2 meter repeaters. I would tell you that I'm not nervous but I would be lying. It's kinda like getting ready to give a speech in front of 100 people; its not bad after you get started but a little scary beforehand.

Deer gun season opens Saturday and I'm looking forward to that. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss a work day at a friend's Habitat for Humanity house. This is a great program and if you get a chance to participate, I would urge you to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment