Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Sign Job From Hell

Well, its not really that bad but it has been a challenge!

When Dan and I had the UPS Store in Sapulpa, we decided to augment our sales by getting into the cut vinyl sign business. We did that for a couple of years until we sold the store. The new owner didn't want the sign equipment so I brought it home and put it in a spare bedroom. For the past several years, I have "piddled around" with it, doing signs for friends and for charities and non-profit entities.

A couple of years ago, a friend in Stillwater, Gordon Sloggett, asked me to do the signs for a trailer for Habitat for Humanity. Gordon was active in that organization (and still is) and I was happy to do the job. A couple of months ago, I got a call from the woman who runs the Stillwater ReStore project and she asked me if I would do a delivery truck for them. ReStore is a kind of "thrift shop" for building materials and other items and is a part of Habitat for Humanity.

At any rate, I agreed to do the signs for the truck and it turned out to be a much bigger job than I had envisioned! I had done about four fire trucks in the past but they were nothing compared to this one. Louise has been helping me and we worked both days last weekend installing vinyl. We still have a few pieces to do but we found out yesterday that the truck has broken down and is in the shop! Now I don't know when we'll get it finished.

When it is done (if I'm not totally sick of it), I'll post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment